Posted by Mel | Posted in Case Studies, Graphic Design, Mosaic Cleaning, Portfolio Pieces, Testimonials, Web Development | Posted on 16-02-2011
Industry: Residential and Commercial Cleaning
Size: Sole Proprietorship, Start-up
Business Challenge: In late 2009, our client inherited a small existing cleaning business from a friend who was no longer physically able to manage the work. The business had fewer than 10 clients and rates that were far below market standard. Rather than maintain the status quo, the client came up with the concept for Mosaic Cleaning and reached out to us to assist with defining and building her brand in an effort to attain a larger, more profitable client-base.
Illuminating the vision of…
- LightSwitch assisted with the name choice for Mosaic Cleaning by confirming domain availability and researching prospect reactions to various options until one that was suitable was invented.
- Through careful questioning and a Balanced Scorecard approach, LightSwitch Creative worked with the client to identify target customers and set realistic and measurable financial, marketing, process and associate-related goals for the company’s first year of business.
- Working through those goals, LightSwitch generated several logo and style guide options, assisted the client in gathering feedback on them, and then developed various media (web banner, business cards, etc.) using the chosen design.
- Having never had an online presence before, LightSwitch set-up standard business social media accounts (twitter, TweetDeck, Facebook) on Mosaic Cleaning’s behalf and trained the client on their benefits and use.
- In addition to logo representation, LightSwitch Creative worked with Mosaic Cleaning to complete a fun, unique, approachable and personal cache of business photos for use in telling her story and building her credibility with prospects.
- It was determined that a blog-style web presence would be most practical for the client’s use in highlighting Mosaic Cleaning’s services, experiences, and expertise on a regular basis. LightSwitch created her web site using a theme that was in line with Mosaic Cleaning’s style guide, and trained the client on how to generate posts, add photographs, manage her public availability and review basic analytics for the site.
- As Mosaic’s Cleaning business has grown, LightSwitch Creative continues to assist with content development, niche marketing concepts and social media management as well as annual goal setting and problem resolution through our advisory board relationship status.
Resutls – Year 1:
- Since April, 2010 Mosaic Cleaning has been able to double its rate for service without the loss of any clients
- Mosaic Cleaning has experienced a 178% increase in its client base
- Feedback from Mosaic Cleaning’s clients indicates that they perceive Mosaic as having a high degree of professionalism and that they’re a trusted expert in the local cleaning industry;
- Mosaic Cleaning feels more confident in articulating value based on customer-focused research and problem-solving due to early assistance from LightSwitch Creative
- Website analytics reflect a 20% decrease in bounce rate since LightSwitch Creative assumed content management with top traffic sources being Facebook, direct, and organic via Google
- Facebook page Likes have doubled since LightSwitch assumed content management, and traffic insights have increased from 0 to 2,037 page views with 55 Active Monthly Users